Here are some quick tips to add a little Capricorn to your environment. While everyone can enjoy them while the Sun is in Capricorn (December 20-January 20), they are suited for native Capricorns all year long. Things that are highlighted are naturally associated with the sign.
- Change out throw pillows, sofa throws, and candles to ones in Capricorn’s conservative colors ~ dark brown, forest green, and navy blue. You can also use the deep delicious garnet red, the color of Capricorn’s birthstone.
- Patchouli in your oil diffusers or candles is relaxing and calming.
- Capricorn is the sign associated with time. Display an antique clock or collection of pocket watches.
- Add strands of ivy to your flower arrangements or use a small potted ivy as a focal point on your coffee table or mantle.
- Put a few small quince branches in a vase. Don’t be surprised if the quince is “forced” and starts to bloom.
- If you have planters near your front door, fill them with pansies. If they’re grown organically, you can add these edible flowers to salads.
- Use table runners featuring ivy or pansy embroidery or designs.
- Brown coffee beans or river stones make a great base for dried flowers in a clear vase.
- If you have a set of bone china, why not enjoy it everyday instead of keeping it stashed away.